Table of Contents
The attic makes a beautiful storage space for decorations for the holidays and memorabilia from high school, the family’s heirlooms, furniture, and seasonal attire. Each attic is equipped with a maximum capacity. Once the limit is reached, additional storage is no longer an option. Experts don’t recommend that you store certain items for longer than a few weeks, not years or months. Bed linen, clothing, stuffed animals, mattresses, and box springs are just some of the examples. These things do not just turn into clutter over time, but they can also be homes for pests like mice, rats, bed bugs, spiders, and dust mites.
How Our Residential Attic Cleanout Service Works?
Our attic cleanout utilizes state-of-the-art equipment, safety equipment for individuals, and big trucks to transport stored items to a landfill or recycling center or the waste disposal center. The two alternatives are available in the case of an attic cleanout. There are DIY options and professionals like the ones we offer for junk removal.
Why sit around until your attic has reached its maximum capacity when attic cleanout services are cost-effective and reliable? Our attic cleanout plans are designed to guarantee cost-effectiveness. Everything in the cleanout process is broken down into smaller steps:
- The removal crew arrives at the home and greets the owner.
- An employee of the cleanout team describes the cleanout process to the client.
- The team will access and prepare the attic space for the cleanout
- The items that are stored are put in containers for transport to the work trucks
- After all the items have been removed from the attic space, the task of cleaning will begin.
- The attic is thoroughly cleaned before the cleanout team exits the home at the night’s end.
When the client has left the property After leaving the property, the attic cleanout team transports the truckload of junk to a landfill and waste transfer facility.
What Do Our Removal Experts Say About Attic Cleanout?
As was mentioned earlier, fragile objects shouldn’t be stored for longer than a few months at the same time. When placed in vacuum-sealed bags, items designed from fabric such as silk twills, cotton linen, Viscose can be kept for two years. Vacuum-sealed storage bags shield stored objects from dust mites, mice, crickets, termites, cockroaches, beetles, and silverfish. However, there is still the question of where to store the objects.
If your attic has been sucked out and is overflowing, the cleanout is the only available alternative. An attic cleanout can make space for the latest summer or winter wardrobe, upholstered furniture, and other household items.
Experts suggest homeowners clean out their attics at least twice a year. Lack of manpower, an automobile or other transport vehicle, or even time should not stop you from cleaning out your attic. If you lack all these essentials, we suggest our expert attic cleanout.
Benefits Of An Attic Cleanout
- It also provides storage space.
- Removes items damaged by decades of exposure to dust, insect rodents, or other elements
- Improves the air quality in the attic.
- It opens the way to renovation projects for your home
- Clears out the attic
- Helps to fight pests
How To Know When Your Attic Is Ready For A Cleanout?
Homeowners and tenants must know when to clean out their attics. Although it shouldn’t be a big surprise when your attic is filled to full capacity, the mess could be overlooked since it’s hidden away from view.
- The smell of foul odor is coming from the attic.
- Moths, cockroaches, and mice moving and leaving the attic
- Storage items are no longer functional or usable
- The items are spilling over into other areas of the home
- The growth of mold is evident on ceilings and walls
- Everything stored is coated in dust and cobwebs
DIY Attic Cleaning
It is possible to clean an attic even though it is filled with storage boxes. If the attic capacity is maxed out, it is possible to help clear parts or all the things to give room for effective cleaning. Do-it-yourself attic cleaning does not require a lot of time or difficulty. It doesn’t even require special equipment. Utilizing the advice below, your attic is sure to be sparkling and clean within minutes.
- Begin by moving everything to the right or left side of the attic.
- Vacuum the space prior to cleaning
- Cleanse walls and shelves, storage containers, and other fixtures used for storage
- Make sure you mop floors with a specially-formulated cleaner and let air dry before moving forward to the next step.
- Establish a place for pest control when insects or rodents are detected during the process
- Transfer stored items to the opposite side of the attic
- Repeat the steps above as often as necessary to ensure that your attic remains spotless
It’s important to inspect your storage units to ensure they’re in good condition. Things that have been damaged must be removed from the attic before putting them in a junk pile for the trash service.
Do not hesitate to take advantage of our free attic cleanout consultation and inspection.
Neaten Up Your Attic Storage
The modernization of your attic storage system can make a significant difference in the organization of all stored items. We recommend plastic storage containers with lids that can be resealable rather than cardboard containers prone to deterioration over time.